Can you see the big(ger) picture and get excited about helping us develop cutting edge data platforms and predictive systems for our new venture? We have your new job opportunity right here!
Our clients’ company was founded in 1969 and is market-leader in their business and active in more than 60 countries worldwide. Within the company, they have launched a new venture. They are looking for a data scientist who helps them develop cutting edge data platforms and predictive systems for their new venture.
Your main responsibility within the new venture team is to build scalable data platforms including machine learning principles. You build these innovative data products with real-time services using big data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing. Using state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning, you build predictive models, recommendation systems and other data analysis scenarios. You engage throughout the product lifecycle as a trusted advisor on strategies, tools and techniques that generate valuable insights from diverse data sources. You will report to the program manager directly.
As a data scientist within our new venture, you should be thrilled working in a start up company. Next to this, you:
- Are a lead developer with a physical background. An electronic mechanical/data moddeling is preferred. The aim is focussed on further development of sensor systems and applications.
- Have experience with software programming and understanding of technical hardware.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the venture team through design review, pair programming, code reviews and tech talks;
- Explore available data sources, perform data gap analysis, clean and process data, and identify third-party data sources;
- Implement, test, and experiment with models using appropriate programming and modeling tools including Python, R, Scala/Java;
- Activities like SW modeling, drafting functional specs (outsource + coordinate them with third parties like HW (sensor) suppliers, SW designers and developers, and (technical) universities).
- Validated testing; test plans,-set up and procedures.
- Analyze, interpret and present the results of models, experiments;
- Have a responsible and important role within the further technological developments (roadmap) at sensor area inside the organization.
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for building the data foundation, products and capabilities that drive business growth;
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior;
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering and senior stakeholders.
To be a succesfull data scientist you should have:
- A Master degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related area;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, including expertise in recommendation systems, personalization, collaborative filtering and content based filtering;
- It is important that you have experience as a lead engineer.
- Experience with one or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, or Scala;
- Experience with Machine Learning;
- Delivering data science components that are part of successful commercial products;
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams to develop prototypes and software products that can be deployed across varied environments (e.g.: cloud, on-premises, devices, etc.);
- Experience with Big Data and Fast Data (i.e.: real time streaming);
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written;
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture;
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language;
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software;
- 3 years’ international experience.
We offer a challenging position within a new venture, where you help own the next horizon of innovation by creating game changing data products and digital solutions. The main location is Roermond with less than 10% travelling abroad. You will receive a fulltime contract within our company and very favourable working conditions.
If you have any questions or want more information about our joboffer, please contact our recruiter Yvanka Pfeifer on +31 (0)6 83173849 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are convinced this is your new job, please apply using the ‘solliciteer’ button and send us your resume and cover letter. We will respond to your application within 5 working days.